I have got to blog more often than once a month! I'd have more time for blogging if I weren't so busy working on updating the rooms in our rowhouse. Our bedroom was a pretty time-consuming project but I'm thrilled to get to share it with you now!
As I said a couple posts back, we finally got a new bed which was desperately needed and very much appreciated now that I'm not waking up with back pain every morning. You can see the mostly finished product now. I say mostly finished as I'm always doodling new possibilities but for now I'm so happy to be resting and relaxing in our new room and just enjoying the fruits of my labor. My husband loves it, too, and is happy that with the room redecorated and rearranged, my computer (seen at the end of the bed) doesn't really find its way into the bedroom on most nights.
I'm most happy that I was able to take items that we already had and repurposed them. You've seen the re-do of the nightstands already. As we re-oriented the furniture, we decided to place the new bed against the wall that has a bit of a bump from the fireplace in the living room below. I didn't like the way the bed looked without a little something behind it to make the bump seem less prominent. To remedy the problem, I took a set of sheets that wouldn't fit our new bed and stitched up fabric panels to hang from tension rods on either side of the protrusion. They also make the room look that much more dramatic!
You can't really see it in these pics but the valances above the windows are quilted table runners folded creatively to fit our windows perfectly. The artwork above the bed is a very cool H monogram I found somewhere and had it printed on fabric at Spoonflower. Once the fabric arrived, I stretched it over the TYGLOSA frame from IKEA (I just love that place!).
Now, it's time to move on to the guest room as we've got guests coming soon!