Today has been a great Saturday and there is even more greatness to come as hubby and I are all excited to watch SNL being hosted by the wonderfully talented and funny Jon Hamm!!!! Today has been wonderful for a number of reasons which include:
1. having a wonderful husband
2. it's a bit warmer and sunnier than a couple of days ago when we got our first snow which I am just not emotionally prepared for yet
3. working out on the elliptical trainer while watching the Rally to Restore Sanity makes the workout a LOT less onerous
4. getting a rock star parking space at the mall on a Saturday afternoon
5. singing along to Michael Buble in the car on a beautiful day
6. getting to enjoy a wonderful dinner at home on Saturday night
7. looking forward to hot carmel apple cider and homemade Madelines
I love Madeline cookies and desperately want to visit France one day. I also realize that the closest I am going to get to France in the very near future is visiting the French Quarter in New Orleans so I'll have to do what I can to bring France to me. I bought a Madeline pan a couple months back and finally attempted to bake some up yesterday. They taste yummy and look pretty. I still need to experiment to find just the right recipe and tweak it, but these cookies in the picture above are making me pretty happy right now!
After a day full of running around, it was so nice to come home and spend time in the kitchen making a meal completely from scratch. First off was baking some bread from this amazing recipe at Sew4Home. So yummy! And my husband is a carb fiend so he could eaten only this for dinner and been completely happy. Salad was on the menu, too - a combination of lettuces topped with apple slices, asiago cheese, walnuts, and balsamic vinaigrette. Mushroom risotto which takes some time and attention but is so worth it. The recipe here is a good basic one but I always change up some stuff when I'm cooking. Just a little bit of balsamic and orange glazed steak on the side was wonderful!
What a great day! Now hopefully tomorrow I get to spend some time sewing - that will make for a wonderful weekend!