Thursday, November 25, 2010

NOLA


My husband and I got to spend a couple of really quick days in New Orleans while he was attending a professional conference and I was lucky enough to go along for the ride! We were both excited as we had never been to the Crescent City and were really excited to have a brief respite from the cold and snow of the North Shore if only for a short while. We got to take in some of the sights, sounds, and tastes and met some really wonderful and friendly people. We also got to stay in an amazing hotel with probably the most friendly and helpful staff I've ever come across. If you're ever in New Orleans, I highly recommend the Marriott Renaissance Arts Hotel!

So on this Thanksgiving Day, I am grateful for this fun little excursion. I'm also thankful for the beautiful snow (though it's wickedly cold), good food and wonderful friends, neighbors, and family especially my husband! I'm also incredibly thankful for a couple of old friends and virtual strangers who have been incredibly kind and supportive in this struggle to conceive a child which is not anything I've addressed here before but has been very consuming in my life for quite a long time. It's been invaluable to find a few wonderfully caring and completely understanding of the frustrations and difficulties that accompany this journey as there are many who just don't understand and don't care to.

Now, I think it's time for one more sliver of chocolate walnut tart and some cocoa on this really cold but cozy Thanksgiving night!

No comments:

Post a Comment