Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Back in the Peace Garden state


I am so excited to be back in the land that will always be home to me no matter what my current address is. Every time I cross the Red River and see the sign welcoming me back to North Dakota I do a happy dance in my car and squeal with excitement which makes my husband laugh. A couple days ago we ventured back in to North Dakota and the city of Fargo, where I was born.

Our visit to Fargo began with a wonderful lunch at the HoDo Lounge in the beautiful Hotel Donaldson which I've been wanting to visit ever since hearing about it's existence some time ago. This fantastic hotel features the art of regional artists that inspire the unique decor of each its rooms. This art also graces the hotel lobby as well as the restaurant and lounge.

This outing was made that much more memorable as my husband and I got to dine with the new president of North Dakota State University! Dr. Bresciani was one of my first bosses during my grad school days and it was great fun to get to catch up with him and share my excitement for him getting the job at this wonderful university and to share my excitement and love for my home state and its warm, wonderful people.


No comments:

Post a Comment