Friday, January 8, 2010

Colors



Our travels over the holidays have left me with a cold the worst part of which is the sore throat - I hate that part!!! It also make me very fuzzy in the head and prone to staring off into space. Perhaps that it is why I am so easily transfixed by my color chart which finally arrived from Spoonflower! I really needed this so I could tell with some certainty how the designs on my computer screen would turn out on fabric. It's designed to fit perfectly on one yard of quilting weight fabric.

Just prior to Christmas I was recalling holidays spent at Grandma and Grandpa's house and the dining room table covered in sugar cookies. From there, my thoughts drifted to our Sunday dinners at that large table and my sister and I being charged with setting the table. I always had to remind myself which side the silverware went on and I was thinking about how cool it would have been to have a tablecloth with the instructions right there......so, my Set The Table designs were born! The first version of the fabrics were created with orange as the complementary color. Green was my next version as that is the color for our dining set. I've come up with three other versions as well which I'll post a bit later. I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of full yardages of the green version to stitch up the placemats and napkins and aprons I have drawn up in my sketchbooks! So excited!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, a table setting print! It would be super for teaching children - and some adults! - how to properly set the table. You're so clever!

    ReplyDelete