Saturday, January 9, 2010

Hope

Today's fabric is called Hope and was designed with a very special and specific purpose. Since discovering Spoonflower, I've been continually amazed by the talented designers out there and have "met" some wonderful people out there in cyberspace. In the days before Christmas I was exploring the Spoonflower group in Flickr and stumbled upon a request for a designer. A woman named Linda was searching for a volunteer with design software to put together a fabric she could use for her church quilting group that was to meet for a retreat in January. She was short on time as her original designer fell through and I was happy to do it. I was even happier to have agreed to help out the more I got to know Linda and her groups work and learned that she was from central Iowa where I lived for a few years and where I still frequently visit to see my husband's family and my Iowa friends! You can read more about her group and see the project that the fabric was used for at her blog, Flourishing Palms. My best to the Lutheran Church of Hope at their retreat this weekend in the frigid Iowa winter!

No comments:

Post a Comment