Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Woodcarving Inspired Fabrics




We've finally arrived back home after many hours spent driving through the snow-covered Midwest for the holidays! I am thrilled to be off the road for more than a couple of days at a time as this most recent journey to Iowa resulted in my catching a cold which drastically decreases my energy for unpacking....

The first pic is from our holiday travels to North Dakota and the snow mountain that appeared outside of my parents' house during the Christmas Day Blizzard! The blowing and drifting created this fantastic piece.

This next set of fabrics were created after observing some woodcarving patterns at an office in our downtown area. I sketched them out so they would not be forgotten and eventually began playing with ways to fit the patterns together in complementary and coordinating ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment